The 2nd IPLeiria International Health Congress is organized by the Health Research Unit (UIS) of the IPLeiria School of Health Sciences and will take place in Leiria, Portugal from May 9-10, 2014.
The program of the 2nd IPLeiria International Health Congress will be devoted to the main theme of “Challenges & Innovation in Health” and will include plenary sessions, original research short communications, along with round tables of invited speakers of recognized merit. The program of the congress will also be complemented with various satellite workshops.
This meeting aims to act as a forum for scientific discussion in decision making, e-Health, rehabilitation and aging and will benefit from the participation of health professionals from several clinical areas.
The scientific program of the 2nd IPLeiria International Health Congress aims to:
1. Promote discussion about the new paradigms related to distribution and access to health services;
2. Discuss technical, ethical and political issues related to the application of new technologies in health;
3. Promote the gathering of health professionals towards the build-up of new synergies, partnerships and cooperation concerning Health Care Research, Development & Technology;
4. Stimulate national and international scientific communication.
Topics & Sub-topics
The program of the meeting will be subordinated to the three main subjects of:
- Health education & training
- Intervention in health
- Health management and policy
further divided in the following sub-topics of:
- RD&T – Research, Development & Technology in Health
- Health literacy
- e-Health and e-Therapy
- Quality of life and well-being
- Health Interventions in the community
- Measurement and decision making
- Ethnicity and Health
- Technological platforms for communication building and sharing
- Simulated practice for clinical education
The official languages of the conference are English (ENG) and Portuguese (PT).